26.9.16

Favourite Things About Autumn


It's the most wonderful time of the year. I know it's very cliche but I bloody love autumn and it's definitely my favourite season. However, it's also pretty bittersweet for me because as soon as autumn arrives, so does my SAD. It doesn't put me off though and every year I'm counting down the days until autumn arrives and it's acceptable to binge watch Hocus Pocus again. Here's a list of a few of my favourite things about autumn...

1. All of the best TV shows return - Hello Greys Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, American Horror Story and the Bake Off.

2. Candles. I love candles all year round but the autumnal scents like marshmallow pumpkin latte and pumpkin cupcake are just perfect.

3. Wearing plum and wine coloured lipsticks again, my favourites being Rebel and Diva (both from MAC.)

4. Halloween. I love Halloween SO much! Most people my age just use it as a night to get v drunk but I much prefer to bake Halloween themed treats and eat them whilst watching all of the best Halloween movies.

5. Packaging away the fan for another year and being able to sleep with a hot water bottle instead, completely joyous.

6. Buying festive drinks from Starbucks and Costa.

7. Fireworks. I mean, I get sick of fireworks pretty quickly when they're being set of every.bloody.night but I do really want to go to a fireworks display this year!

8. The leaves changing colour.

9. The fact it becomes acceptable to binge watch Halloween movies such as Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus, Coraline and The Corpse Bride.

10. Going into supermarkets and seeing all of the Christmas chocolate, pretending it's an outrage because it's only September but really getting into full Christmas mode and starting that countdown (90 days to go!!!!!)

11. Being able to take long bubble baths with all of your favourite Lush products, without melting like the Abzorbaloff from Doctor Who.

12. Wearing ankle boots with EVERYTHANG.

13. No longer feeling guilty about that summer diet you never started.

14. Those cosy nights in, snuggling up on the sofa, with all of the candles lit.

15. The Halloween and Christmas range from Lush being released. Yay for Snow Fairy

16. Wearing cosy knitwear again.

17. That crisp, autumn smell.

18. Being able to wear onesies to bed again. Cosy yet inconvenient but I still love them.

19. Pumpkin everythang - candles, cupcakes, pumpkin spice baileys. You name it, I love it.

20. And lastly, it's coat season again!

What are your favourite things about autumn/fall?

Love, S
x

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely autumnal post, I enjoyed reading it. I love wearing onesies and knitwear too! Can’t wait for themed Costa/Starbucks drinks also! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to wear beanies and scarves. Also super cosy jumpers.
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...