6.9.15

What I've Been Watching - Summer 2015

What I've Been Watching - Summer 2015

Grey's Anatomy (2005-)
Starring: Ellen Pompeo, Justin Chambers, Chandra Wilson.
If you know me, you will definitely be aware of how hooked I am with Grey's Anatomy and you're probably thinking "Is she really mentioning this again?" YES, yes I am. I've never been a fan of medical programmes. I've spent enough time in the hospital in my own life, so why I would I want to watch that? But I had heard SO many people say it's amazing and really addictive, so I thought I'd watch a couple of episodes and became obsessed pretty quickly! If you've never watched it before, it's a drama that follows the lives of five surgical interns. It's SO good and has the best quotes, but be warned you probably will cry a lot!


Scream (2015-)
Starring: Willa Fitzgerald, Bex Taylor-Klaus, John Karna. 
I'm obsessed with horror movies and when I heard that they were making a TV adaption of the Scream franchise, I was really excited! I'm currently nearing the end of the first season and I do really like it! It does slightly remind me of Pretty Little Liars in the way of them always worrying about anonymous messages and calls! The story starts when a cyber-bullying video goes viral on YouTube and results in one of the culprits being brutally murdered. It then drags up memories of a serial killer from the past that has a lot of similarities of the current killer. I love how modern it feels, with references to Pretty Little Liars and how it all starts with a YouTube video. There's only one season (10 episodes) available at the moment, but season two will air in 2016! 


The Lying Game (2011-2013) 
Starring: Alexandra Chando, Andy Buckley, Allie Gonino.
I watched this a while ago now, but I thought I'd mention it anyway because I really enjoyed it! I started watching this because it's based on books that are written from the same author as Pretty Little Liars! The story follows long-lost twins Sutton and Emma who were separated as babies for unknown reasons. Sutton was adopted by a wealthy family and Emma ended up in the foster system. Sutton goes off in search for answers, whilst Emma takes over Sutton's life. It's SO good and I think if you like Pretty Little Liars, you'll like this too! The only downfall is it was cancelled due to lack of ratings, so there is only one season and a half - boo!


The Office (2005-2013)
Starring: Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer. 
Honestly, I don't usually like comedies... Okay, that sounds bad, but I usually find them kind of try hard? I thought this would be the same, so when a couple of people suggested I watch it, I wasn't in any form of hurry. Then Netflix announced they were removing it, so I thought I'd see if I liked it before it was gone and it quickly became one of my favourite TV shows I've ever watched, which meant I had to attempt to binge-watch as much as possible before it was gone. I won't go too much into this as you've all probably watched at least one episode of this before and I probably will do a post on it once I've finished watching all seasons!


Love, Rosie (2014) 
Starring: Lily Collins, Sam Claflin, Christian Cooke.
I also don't usually like chick-flicks, but recently I've been obsessed with them - what is happening to me? I loved this movie so much and it's definitely one of those movies that you can watch again and again. The story follows Rosie and Alex who have been best friends since they were five years old. On Rosie's 18th birthday, they realise they both have feelings for each other, but every time they nearly get together something gets in the way. This has recently been added to Netflix and I would definitely recommend you watch it, but be warned you will probably cry!


If I Stay (2014)
Starring: ChloĆ« Grace Moretz, Mireille Enos, Jamie Blackley.
I had wanted to read the "If I Stay" book for such a long time, but I still hadn't got round to it, so I gave in and just watched the movie. The story follows Mia, who's life takes a dramatic turn when she's involved in a bad car accident which leaves her in a coma. Whilst in the coma, she has an out-of-body experience where she must decide if she wants to live a life completely different than she ever had imagined. It's good, but I do think it was definitely over hyped!


Stuck in Love (2012)
Starring: Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, Lily Collins.
After watching Love, Rosie I developed a huge girl crush on Lily Collins, so I watched Stuck in Love too which is also on Netflix! The story follows the Borgens family, who are all writers and all have problems with love. Lily Collins plays Samantha and is very cynical about love and is afraid of getting hurt. Her brother Rusty is played by Nat Wolff (heart eye emojis) and is falling in love for the first time and their dad is still very much in love with his ex-wife. It's a pretty good movie and I feel like I can relate to Samantha a lot. 



What have you been watching recently?

S

11 comments:

  1. I haven't watched any of these! I've been loving Elementary recently x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bad at keeping up with series! I still haven't started on grey's anatomy which has been around for ages and also the office too. I might check them out soon though, because they sound amazing and I have so heard so many people talk about them. Also, Love, Rosie is amazing isn't it! I absolutely adored that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the same before having Netflix! xx

      Delete
  3. I've been watching H2O: Just add water =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit i haven't watched any of these! I have started watching Desperate Housewives from the beginning again as its been so long x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave | My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy and have been since the beginning when it was first on channel 5. I've always had a soft spot for Alex, McDreamy speaks for himself hehe!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adored Love Rosie. It's such a touching film. I like the realistic approach to teenage pregnancy. It feels real that she's had to abandon her dreams of going to college, that she'd lost friends, had to find a job to support herself and the baby. I'm really glad they didn't make everything just work out for her right away, because very few people are that lucky.
    I've also heard a lot of great things about Grey's Anatomy but it's been on air for 10 years and I just can't be bothered to watch that many episodes.
    I liked If I Stay as well, I actually had to go read the sequel to the book to see where they'd all ended up. :)
    I've watched a few episodes of The Office but it's just not my kind of humor. I don't really like the show. And I've never heard of the rest of these, but I may give them a try.
    Milka | • oohbelle •

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...