3.9.15

20 Things I've Learnt in Twenty Years

20 Things I've Learnt in Twenty Years
{source


001: Change is inevitable. Friends change, you'll change - it's okay.

002: Spend as much time as you can with your Grandparents. "You think you have forever, but you don't."

003: You'll never be too old for Disney.

004: Or Harry Potter.

005: Not everyone will have the same heart that you do.

006: Enjoy the little things and always appreciate what you have.

007: Few friends > fake friends.

008: Tomorrow is a new day and you never know what's around the corner. Today might feel like the end of the world, but when one door closes, another one WILL always open before you know it.

009: Never trust the thoughts you have at 3am.

010: It's important to look after yourself and make sure you're eating enough, drinking enough water and sleeping.

011: Don't blame yourself for other people's mistakes.

012: Being compassionate is important.

013: Don't be a follower. You don't HAVE to do what all your friends are doing - It's totally okay to be yourself.

014: Not everything will turn out as originally planned, but it's okay - everything happens for a reason.

015: You don't have to settle for less than you deserve.

016: Trust your instincts. They are usually right.

017: Never let toxic people make you constantly sad. Remove them and don't feel bad about doing so.

018: Stop caring what people think so much.

019: "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

020: And lastly, learn to accept the things you cannot change. 

5 comments:

  1. Love no3 you can never be too old for a bit of Disney! I did a primark Disney haul on my blog this week x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post hun, I have to agree you’ll never be too old for Disney or Harry Potter :) Some really great points, and I also agree with trusting your instincts :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right :) I'm constantly blaming myself and feeling sad when someone else does something wrong to me like if it was my fault and I sure need to stop doing so!! xx

    Sara | www.marybloomy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn straight you will never be too old for Disney! I think I love Disney now more than I did as a child haha. I always say Disney films aren't kids films, they're so deep and a lot of the time quite sad. Also yes, don't trust the thoughts you have at 3am! Mine are usually along the lines of "yes, you do need to buy that unicorn pen".

    Angi | www.twodifferentworlds.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Never trust the thoughts you have at 3am."
    This is something I definitely need to remember. I always think too much at night and it's usually a pretty depressing affair. I can be a pessimist on the best day, but at night I reach a whole new level of self-deprecating.
    I also like the "Don't blame yourself for other people's mistakes." but I think another version is just as important: "Don't blame other people for your mistakes." I have been guilty of both in my 22 years.
    Great post!
    Milka | • oohbelle •

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...