8.7.15

Strobing For Summer?

Strobing Makeup S/S15 Blog

Since my little blogging hiatus, it seems a new beauty trend has hit us called Strobing. All anyone seems to be talking about right now is how contouring is out and Strobing is in. If you're unsure of what Strobing consists of, it's basically just a super fancy word for highlighting the skin. Instead of adding some dimension to the face with contouring, Strobing is simply just highlighting the skin in the areas of your face where the light would naturally hit (brow bone, cupids bow, chin, bridge of your nose, cheekbones and forehead) without the use of any contour, which leaves you with the most beautiful, glowing skin. I feel like I never really perfected my contour, so I would often opt for this type of look even before I knew it was an actual thing called "Strobing" just because I felt like it looked better on me. As always with highlighting, I find it can either look really lovely and fresh-faced or it look like you're an ice queen - depending on the products you use, so I thought I'd share my top 3 highlighting products with you today (liquid, powder and cream)

Avon Luminous Finish Face Illuminator 
When opting for a really dewy base, I always like to mix a tiny amount of liquid highlighter in with my foundation. It leaves my skin looking so healthy and refreshed. There's a few different products I like to achieve this, but my current favourite is the Luminous Finish Face Illuminator from Avon and you can see how this looks in my most recent "What's on my Face"

MAC Soft & Gentle // £24.00 // Link
I first fell in love with Soft & Gentle back in 2011 and it's still a firm favourite of mine now and something I use most days. I would even go as far as to say it's the best highlighting powder I've ever tried. The product is so finely milled which makes it so easy to blend into the skin, leaving you with such a natural looking glow.

No7 Highlighting Stick // £9.95 // Link
And the last product is a cream highlighter, I find these can be a little hit or miss but this one is actually really lovely! The packaging is really great for travelling or keeping in your handbag and the product itself is amazing. It can be applied either under your foundation or on top but I usually apply it over the top and it seriously lasts all day! 


As always, thank you for reading! What are your thoughts on Strobing?

S

3 comments:

  1. Personally i still love to contour i find it works for me :) I do highlight areas for occasions but not for my everyday makeup routine x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could pull of the strobing look, but my skin really doesn't suit it x

    Lauren xx
    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this'd look great with a tan, but I'm not sure I could pull it off.
    Great idea, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...