23.7.15

10 Movies That Make Me Feel Nostalgic

Hello Lovelies! Today I'm feeling pretty ill and all I want to do is curl up in bed and watch all the movies I loved when I was growing up and then I thought it would be a pretty good idea for a blog post! Warning: this post will be full of gifs and nostalgia.

13 Going on 30 (2004)

13 Going on 30 was alwaaaays my favourite movie and I would watch it nearly every day. Even if I was staying at my Nan and Grandad's I would watch that bad boy on my Portable DVD Player. Oh, the memories... This movie makes you realise that you should appreciate what you have because you don't really know what you have until it's gone. I still love watching this movie now and listening to the soundtrack, it's too good!

Mean Girls (2004)


Next up is Mean Girls, which is obviously no surprise, it had to be in this list somewhere. I became obsessed with Mean Girls after the very first time I watched it and after that I would watch it every Friday night without fail. I'm one of those really annoying people who randomly quotes this movie all the time, I love it SO much. I'm also still a little sad that Mean Girls 2 was such a disappointment. Can you believe it's been 11 years since this was first released?! 

A Cinderella Story (2004) 

Confession: I love Hilary Duff! Ever since Lizzie McGuire I was completely obsessed with Hils, she was my queen and I wanted to be her SO much! Anything she was in was for sure a firm favourite of mine, but I think the Cinderella Story was my all time favourite movie because Hilary and Chad Michael Murray together was pretty much the best thing to have ever happened, agreed? 

The Princess Diaries (2001)

The Princess Diaries books by Meg Cabot were one of the first series of books that I remember reading and really enjoying and I really loved the movie too and watched it waaay too much!

Clueless (1995)


When I was younger, all I wanted was to be Cher Horowitz and have her wardrobe, it was literally the dream. Clueless is now 20 years old but still one of my favourite movies ever and when I was going through my breakup a few months back, I watched this every single night haha!

John Tucker Must Die (2006) 

This movie was another one I would watch on repeat and it's all about the sassiest ladies getting revenge on their 'boyfriend' It's such a good movie, I need to watch it again asap!

Just My Luck (2006) 

Anyone that knows me personally,  knows that back in a day I had a huge obsession with McFly and this movie was everything to me just because they're in it! It's such a cringey film and the acting is absolutely awful, but it brings back all those cute memories haha

P.S. I Love You (2007)

I've watched this film more than a hundred times, can I get through it without crying? NOPE

Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009)

The Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella were another book series I was completely obsessed with and I really enjoyed reading them all, although Becky Bloomwood was incredibly selfish and so god damn annoying! I loved the movie just as much and I feel like Isla was perfect for the role of Becky!

Crossroads (2002)


Britney Spears was my absolute idol when I was growing up and my bedroom walls were covered in pictures of her (fangirl alert) so obviously Crossroads had to make it into this list, didn't it? It's not the best movie, but I can't help but love it anyway! 


What were your favourite movies when you were growing up?

S





11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness so many of these apply to me to! And I only just realised that Tiffany from OITNB is in Crossroads from the gifs in this post... that's crazy! Great post, hope you're feeling better soon x x x

    kassiella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I haven't seen is Crossroads! All the others are amazing, what a blast from the past!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, amazing choices! Now I want to go and re-watch every one of them :D I kinda know all the word to the Cinderella Story and every time I watch P.S. I Love You, I already start crying right at the start, lol :D
    Another movies that I would add to the list are definitely She's the man, What a girl wants & Bend it like Beckham :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 going on 30 & cinderella story are my favourites! x
    Emma | Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen some of these but not all! John Tucker Must Die and Just My Luck are firm favourites of mine :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow I totally agree with all of these! I want to watch Clueless, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Mean Girls and 13 going on 30, now! PS I Love you is such a good film, the book made me cry SO much more though.


     Photo-Jenn-ic 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative post!! Really loved to see all these movies that have been part of my life! Most of them are favourites! :) xx

    Sara | www.marybloomy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so old now, I can't believe how long ago these came out! I remember seeing Princess Diaries' in the cinema!

    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection of movies, i watched all the mary-kate and ashley films growing up =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love princess diaries and mean girls, such amazing films x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arrgg so many amazing movies, I absolutely love them all! Though Mean Girls holds a film place in my heart, it's true chic flick genius! I also had a huge Hilary Duff faze, I watched The Lizzie Maguire Movie every week for about 3 months :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...