26.4.15

Sleek Matte Me // Petal

Sleek Matte Me Lipsticks Petal Review Blog 2015
Sleek Matte Me Lipsticks Petal Review Blog 2015
Sleek Matte Me Lipsticks Petal Review Blog 2015
Sleek Matte Me Lipsticks Petal Review Blog 2015
Sleek Matte Me Lipsticks Petal Review Blog 2015

Back in January all I kept hearing about was the Matte Me Liquid Lipsticks from Sleek and in particular, the one in the shade Birthday Suit, which is the perfect 90's/Kylie Jenner shade. It was completely sold out everywhere and it was even being sold online for ridiculous prices, so obviously I wanted to see what all the hype was about and whilst I was in Brighton I looked all over for the Matte Me Lipsticks.. Of course Birthday Suit was no where to be seen, so I thought instead I would pick up another shade and went with Petal, which is a really pretty natural pink shade. 

Sleek claim these to be a "matte finish liquid lipstick, that glides on in one smooth application, without the need of a second coat" I've tried a few different types of these 'liquid lipsticks' before, from various different brands and I really love them, so I had pretty high hopes I would love the Matte Me Lipsticks too, but.. I just don't. The formula makes them so hard to apply, which makes the product look so uneven. They only look slightly wearable once the product has completely dried and when it is dry, it gives you that horrible super dry/chalky matte feeling which I hate! 

Overall I would probably rate this product a 2/5 and I definitely wouldn't repurchase any more shades due to there being so many better alternatives out there!


Thank you for reading! Have you tried these? Did you like them?

S

12 comments:

  1. This shade looks so pretty, it's such a shame about the formula! I'm always wary of matte products and hope they provide hydration at the same time.

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of Sleek products and I love the Gloss Me range. I haven't tried any of the Matte formulations as yet but I really want to - this Matte Petal shade is so lovely!

    Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the exact same problem with these. I also have the shade petal and I found it drying as well! I won't be buying these again unfortunately. Your photos are so pretty, love your blog! xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that range until now! this shade is insanely gorgeous, so perfect for spring! :)
    http://floralchaos.blogspot.com
    xx conny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a pretty colour! I don't own many matte pinks, mainly matte reds :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade of lipstick is so pretty and I am in love with it's matte texture.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour looks really pretty so its a shame it didn't live up to your expectations, i am loving the Bourjois Liquid Lipsticks at the moment x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this definitely doesn't sound too promising, it's a shame, since the shade itself is so gorgeous :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty colour =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This doesn't sound the greatest...but the colour is rather pretty!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love matte lips, it's such a shame about the formula of this because the colour is so pretty, perfect for spring! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...