4.4.15

Easter Baking

Hello Lovelies! In the run up to Easter I've been really enjoying baking and as it's Easter tomorrow I thought I'd share the recipes! I did want to get this post up a lot sooner than this, but my laptop is being such a pain at the moment and no web browsers are currently working. I cannot wait until my new desk arrives, so I can finally use a computer that works! 


First, I thought I'd start by sharing my favourite of the two - the chocolate cake. I got inspiration for this from a few different recipes and mixed them up to make the perfect cake. Just a warning this is a pretty big cake haha!

For the cake you will need: 
350g caster sugar
350g stork margarine
350g self raising flour
6 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Method
* Before starting, preheat the oven to 170c / gas mark 3 and grease and line two 9"x1" cake tins. 

* Now cream together the stork and sugar until it's light and fluffy.

* Add the eggs in several stages. To avoid the mixture curdling, add a tablespoon of flour after each addition. Gently beat in the vanilla extract.

Fold in the flour until combined. 

Divide the mixture into the two cake tins and bake for 35-40 minutes.

For the icing you will need: 
350g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
450g unsalted butter
2 tablespons semi-skimmed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
500 icing sugar, sifted

Method: 
Melt the chocolate, either in the microwave or over the hob until smooth and of a thick pouring, consistency. Leave to cool slightly. 

In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, milk, vanilla and icing sugar - until smooth. 

Add the melted chocolate and beat again, until thick and creamy. If it looks too runny, just keep beating until it's to your desired consistency. 

Now, it's time to apply the icing to the cake. I spread a good amount of icing in the middle of the cake and applied the rest to the sides and top.  To make the 'birds nest' I melted 300g milk chocolate and crushed 5 shredded wheat, mixed it all together and applied it to the to cake. 

For added decoration, I also put a whole easter egg, mini eggs and two creme eggs on top! 

And that's it! You could definitely mix this up and have a chocolate sponge too, but I thought that would be a little too much haha!


The second bake, is of course the creme egg brownies that everyone seems to be making at the moment!

To make these, you will need:
185g unsalted butter,
185g dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 large eggs
275g caster sugar
cadbury creme eggs

Method: 
Preheat the oven to 160c and grease your chosen baking tray.

Melt the butter and chocolate together either in the microwave or on the hob.

In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar, until thick and creamy. 

Once the melted chocolate has cooled, pour into the mixture and gently fold everything together. 

Sift in the cocoa powder and flour mixture into the mixing bowl and fold everything together. 

Pour into the baking tray, making sure it's evenly spread out and cook for 10-15 minutes. 

Once removed from the oven, gently press in the creme eggs and put them back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes. 

 Leave to cool, before cutting and removing from tin!



*Recipes from The Cherry Tree, Primrose Bakery, Betty Crocker and The Baking Twins.


I hope you enjoyed this baking post and I hope you all have a lovely Easter, whatever you get up to! 

S

9 comments:

  1. Oh fabulous post! I love baking too. Those recipes look incredible and so moreish. You’re much more advanced than I am. I made mini egg cookies they were pretty darn tasty though! I’ve done a baking post too :-) Happy Easter and have a fab weekend! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! Ooh I LOVED the photography in your baking post :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow your cake looks AMAZING! You're really talented :)

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me hungry =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious!

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...