15.4.15

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks Blog Review
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks Blog Review
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks Blog Review
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks in Red Carpet Red and Amazing Grace

Ever since I purchased my first lipstick back in year 10, I've been hooked. Whenever I went shopping, at least one lipstick would end up in my basket, which led to me to have quite a large collection. These days I try to tell myself I have enough and I don't need anymore, but when I saw the Matte Revolution lipsticks from Charlotte Tilbury on various different blogs, I instantly fell in love. When it comes to pretty packaging, I'm like a magpie and sometimes (most of the time) I feel like I need a product purely for the packaging. The Matte Revolution lipsticks are probably the prettiest lipsticks I own. I'm obsessed with rose gold and I love that they're pretty durable too, which makes them perfect for travelling with, not just something to look pretty on your dressing table. There are 10 different shades to choose from and something to suit everybody:


Bond Girl is a natural berry shade, perfect for the sultry look - Think Halle Berry, Barbara Bach and Olga Kurylenko.


Sexy Sienna was inspired by Sienna Miller and is a golden coral shade. Perfect for those with sun-kissed skin. Think Gisele and Veruschka.

Birkin Brown is a soft chocolate cream shade. Perfect for the likes of  Naomi Campbell and Jane Birkin.

Amazing Grace was inspired by Grace Kelly and is a vintage tea rose shade. Perfect for a beautiful polished look. Think  Nicole Kidman and Miranda Kerr.

Lost Cherry is a gorgeous pastel fuchsia. Perfect for a fresh and effortless look. Think Kate Bosworth, Felicity Jones and Cara Delevingne.

Love Liberty was inspired by Liberty Ross and is a wild rose flush shade. Perfect for a glamorous look. Think Jerry Hall and Uma Thurman.

Red Carpet Red is a true ruby red shade. Perfect when trying to recreate that Hollywood red carpet look. Think Scarlett Johansson, Marilyn Monroe and Michelle Williams.

Glaston-Berry is a sheer black current shade. Perfect for the likes of Rihanna, Grace Jones and Rita Ora.

Very Victoria was inspired by Victoria Beckham and is a taupe, nude shade. If bold and bright shades scare you a little and you would rather opt for a nude, this one is perfect for you!

Walk Of Shame is a pretty rose berry shade. Perfect for a chic vintage look. Think Christina Hendricks and Margot Robbie.


If you asked me which kind of lipstick finish was my favourite, I would alwaaays say matte! I love how it looks and the fact that it stays put for hours on end. What I do hate though, is how drying is can be to your lips.. But luckily these are different! The lipsticks are enriched with lipstick tree and orchid extracts which softens, hydrates and protects the lips. They also contain 3D pigments that create the appearance of wider and fuller lips, which is amazing because my lips definitely have nothing on Kylie Jenners! 

I now own two shades out of the available 10 - Red Carpet Red and Amazing Grace. I'm completely in love with both of them, but tend to opt for Amazing Grace more as it's so much more of a wearable shade. The lipstick itself is pretty unique compared to the others in my collection, due to the square angled tip. It makes application so much easier and I always find that you can get a pretty precise application without the need of a lip brush. Once they've been applied and dried to a matte finish, they don't have that super heavy, drying feeling that a lot of other matte lipsticks have. Oh and they also smell incredible - just like MAC lipsticks, which is a super sweet mini eggs kind of scent.

Overall, these are the most perfect matte lipsticks I've ever tried and I would definitely purchase some more shades. They are expensive at £23 each, but in my opinion they are definitely worth it! 

Have you tried these? Which shade is your favourite?

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shades! I really want to treat myself to one or two but I have so many already! :( x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these two colours, and the formulas sound amazing!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very nice shades =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both look like gorgeous colours! I've never tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury before : )

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. the red is an incredible colour! after reading this, I am so tempted to get one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried these and I love them too! I have Amazing Grace and wear it quite a lot, and I also own Lost Cherry. I'm tempted to try Red Carpet Red too, though, it looks lovely! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...