2.3.15

The Perfect Pancakes

American Pancake Recipe Blog

I've wanted to be able to make those perfect american style, fluffy pancakes ever since that scene in Matilda when she makes them, anyone remember that? I attempted them once a couple of years back and they just tasted so salty and they made me feel so sick to be honest! After watching Evie Youung's Pancake video I HAD to give them another go and they are so yummy!


Ingredients: 
(Makes 10 Pancakes)
200g Self Raising Flour
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
2 Medium Eggs
1 Tablespoon of Syrup
Milk
Oil
& any toppings of your choice!


Method: 

 In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking power, salt and sugar and mix together until well combined. 

 Then in a separate bowl or cup, mix together the eggs and add 1 tablespoon of syrup. Mix again and then add it to the rest of the mixture and mix until well combined. 

 Now, it's time to make sure you have the right consistency. Slowly add a few drops of milk, mixing well each time, until you have the perfect - thick, but runny mixture.

 Pour a small amount of mixture into a pan and cook on a medium heat.

 And now add the toppings of your choice. I opted for some of the Milky Way Spread (which is incredible) and some strawberries!

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed this post, I do love sharing my favourite recipes with you. These are really amazing, although not the healthiest! Don't forget to check out Evie's video if you want to see a step by step!

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

10 comments:

  1. I did NOT know that Milky Way do a spread. MY LIFE HAS CHANGED FOREVER. (any idea where it's stocked?!) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All normal supermarkets - Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda ect...xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh these look sooo yummy!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMAY! <3 I must remember to get my hands on that milky way spread! <3 <3

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! These looks so delicious! I always make mine really thick with self raising flour too. Not a fan of the typical thin ones.

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these looks so delicious! I didn't know that Milky Way had a spread as well - must buy it!

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg these look so fit =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god these look amazing :| Milkyway do a spread? Why am I not eating this RIGHT NOW!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried making pancakes American style before, they look delicious! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Milky way spread? I never knew that was such a thing. I could really get behind a snickers spread, if that existed I'd eat breakfast everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...