27.2.15

The 90's Tag

The 90's Tag Blog

Happy Friday! To break up the content on my blog, I thought I'd add a fun lifestyle post into the mix and as I haven't done a tag in while, I thought I would do one of those! I saw the 90's tag over at Jesstastics and although I was only born in 1995 and wasn't actually around for much of the 90's I still wanted to do it!



1. Favourite Disney Movie?
My favourite Disney movie as a child was definitely Sleeping Beauty. I don't even know what it was about it that I loved so much, but I would just watch it on repeat! I also liked to have some chocolate spread on toast whilst watching it too - best combo! 


2. Favourite Music Artist? 
When I was really young, I was completely obsessed with the Spice Girls! I loved all their songs and I really loved watching the Spice World movie (still a firm favourite of mine, may I add) and as I got a little older I loved S Club 7 and Britney Spears!


3. Favourite Nickelodeon Jr. Show?
I don't think we had Nick Jr. in the 90's, I think that channel came a little later to the UK? 


4. Favourite Candy?
I really loved going to my corner shop and getting the Pic'n'Mix sweets or 'bit sweets' as I used to call them back then haha and I remember really loving Fruit Salad and Black Jacks! I tried them again a few years ago, definitely not as good as I remember! 


5. Favourite Game?
The games I remember playing and loving are Cluedo, Guess Who, Pop Up Pirate and Hungry Hippos! 


6. Favourite McDonald's Toy?
I didn't really go to McDonald's in the 90's! My Dad was very against me eating it haha, but I think the ones that I loved the most were when they had those 101/102 Dalmatian teddies and I really wanted to collect them ALL, sadly I didn't, but I did get a fair few!




7. Favourite Book?
Just like most young girls I loved anything by Jacqueline Wilson! It was her books that first really got me into reading and I still have some of her books somewhere because I could never bear to part with them haha! I also really loved Goosebumps books too!




8. Favourite Clothing Store?
Like most girls, it was definitely Tammy Girl! I really loved going in there and I was heartbroken when the one in my town closed down.



9. What Would You Watch When You Got Home From School?
Lizzie McGuire, Rugrats, Recess, That's So Raven, Worst Witch, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, My Parents are Aliens, Saved by the Bell, Oh, I miss how good TV programmes used to be! 



10. Favourite TV Show?
When I was really young I have fond memories of watching the cartoon Little Bear and it was recently added to Netflix and I had no shame in watching it again!



11. Favourite Toys?
I was completely obsessed with Polly Pocket and My Little Ponies I collected so many of each!




12. Weirdest Fashion Trend? 
The hair back then was pretty shocking all round. Hair mascaras,over crimped hair and those hideous really cheap, plastic looking hair extensions!


13. 'Nsync or Backstreet Boys?
I was never bothered by either to be honest, but if I had to choose it would probably be Backstreet Boys!


14. Favourite Collectable? 
Probably the little Polly Pocket sets! I had a fair few, but if I ever saw any at the boot sale I had to have them!





15. Favourite Beanie Baby?
I didn't actually have that many, just a few of the cats and the peace one! My cousin had loads and I was always so jealous haha. 


16. How Many Tamagotchis Did You Go Through? 
I believe I only had one and it was pink!





17. Favourite Game System and Game?
I LOVED the Playstation 1! And my favourites games were definitely the first Harry Potter game and 102 Dalmatians. I've played the Harry Potter game recently and couldn't believe how poor the graphics were haha!


And that's all the questions! I hope you enjoyed this, I've really loved writing this post and visiting memory lane. I won't tag anyone, but I would love to read your answers if you do decide to do it.


Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+


IMAGE SOURCES: 001: Favim // 002: Pinterest // 003: Hello Giggles // 004: Retro Sweets // 005: Flicks // 006: Tumblr // 007: The Full Agenda // 008: Huffington Post // 009: Telegraph // 010: Flickriver // 011: Leblow // 012: Amazon // 013: Pinterest // 014: Emuparadise 

10 comments:

  1. Fab post hun, reading this brought back so many memories, i was a big polly pocket lover for a long time to, i remember watching those TV programmes the only one i can't remember to much is Lizzie McGuire and your right the sweets definitely don't taste the same as they used to.

    Diana x

    www.aretrobombshellsloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lizzie McGuire was amazing haha! xx

      Delete
  2. I've done this tag too - gotta love the 90's! We definitely didn't have Nick Jr when I was a child and I was born in 1992 x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh this tag takes me back so many of your answers are the same as mine, Sleeping Beauty was definitely my favourite film as a child. I feel so sorry for my grandparents because I wanted to watch it everyday haha :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a fun read!I miss my tamagotchi!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't believe some else was obsessed with the 102 dalmatians game. i've loved it so much!!<3
    then I agree with the spice girls, they were a big thing at the time even in italy and i still have their epic movie in VHS! how many good memories...i used to sing and dace all the movie songs with my friends!!
    i love this tag!!(: back to memory lane<3

    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...