22.2.15

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review

Makeup sponges are something that had never really appealed to me before, until I heard everyone raving about the Beauty Blender. I definitely wanted to give it a go, but the £15 price tag always put me off. I had a look around for some cheaper alternatives, but for some reason I never got round to buying any and then for Christmas I received the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and I couldn't wait to try it! I really love all the brushes I've tried from Real Techniques, so I had high expectations for this sponge and it didn't disappoint!

The sponge retails at only £4.99 and can be used either wet or dry. My main concern before trying it was that it might be really hard to work with and scratchy on the face, so I've always opted to use it wet. To do this I simply just soak it under some cool water and squeeze out any excess. I've heard beauty sponges work alot better with full coverage foundations, so I've been using it with my beloved Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. I simply pump a small amount of foundation onto the back of my hand and using the flat edge of the sponge, I start applying it all over my face in a kind of patting motion. Silk Creme can sometimes look a little heavy, but when applied with the sponge it looks so much more natural and glowy!

The only slight niggles I have is that using a sponge takes a lot longer to apply foundation than a brush does, which is slightly annoying when you're in a rush. And I also find it really difficult to get completely clean and I hate using something that looks dirty on my face. It seems to wear away pretty quickly too, mine has already torn slightly in  few places and I've only had it a couple of months.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of the Miracle Complexion Sponge from Real Techniques, I think it's one of the best budet buys I've found in a long time and I definitely will repurchase when mine starts to fall apart a little more.

What are your thoughts on makeup sponges?

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

10 comments:

  1. You should try the beauty blender dupe from eBay, it's called teardrop beauty, its so much better than this one! I found the RT one didn't really expand in size and thats why it took forever to apply my product :3

    alice x | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I defiantly agree with you! I love this sponge and I only brought it the other week! its one of my fave purchases this month xxx

    cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the shape of this, its a shame it takes so long to use though!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the beauty blender and although it makes full coverage foundation look pretty nice, its just time consuming like you said.

    Andrea,
    GUCCI&POLA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must pick this up on payday, i always hear amazing things about it, and i love my beauty blender so its worth a try!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so tempted by this. Way back in the day I used to use a sponge for my foundation but then swapped to a brush. I think now I'll make the switch back.

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    The Crown Wings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the way my foundation looks when I use a sponge like this but to be honest most of the time I just can't be bothered. The whole having to wet it, taking much longer to apply, having somewhere to store it to dry and trying to clean it is usually just too much effort so although I have a couple of them I rarely use them! x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked this up in Superdrug last week but put it down. Silly me, will try and get it soon!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im a huge fan of this complexion sponge too, so happy I like it, and its so affordable too, unlike other beauty blenders out there :)

    xolucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m in love with your blog! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)
    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...