25.2.15

Eyeliner Made Easy?

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner Review Blog
Zoeva Rose Gold 317 Wing Brush

Eyeliner has never been my forte. Ever since I first started wearing makeup, it was always the thing I wanted so much to perfect, but here I am six years later and i'm still pretty clueless when it comes to those dreaded cat flicks. I've tried a whole range of different options over the years - kohl pencils, liquid liner pens, gel pots and even a simple bit of black eyeshadow, but I've never been happy with how it looks... until now. 

I think the key to creating the perfect wing is using whatever you feel comfortable with. For me I definitely think it's a gel pot and an angled brush because I feel like you have so much more control and if you do make a mistake, it's easy to correct. If I'm in a rush I won't even attempt eyeliner because I think it's best to take your time, it's such a horrible feeling when you know your makeup looks rubbish. As it's not something I use everyday I haven't felt the need to invest in anything high end and my current go to product is one that I've been loving for a few years - the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner which retails at £7.99 and the pot lasts absolutely ages. The product itself is so creamy and glides onto the lid without any need of tugging!

I've tried many different brushes over the years, but I had never found one that actually worked for me and then for Christmas I received the Zoeva Rose Gold Brushes and I completely fell in love with the 317 Wing Liner Brush which retails at only £5.95 when bought separately, such a bargain! It's the most perfect angled brush that creates a perfect thin line and wing. My eyeliner still isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than it was and practice makes perfect, doesn't it?



Are you a fan of gel eyeliners?

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

16 comments:

  1. I have used this eyeliner and loved it x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyeliner is amazing! I have this eyeliner at home and the brush you used which looks perfect for the job, I'll have to give it a go :)

    alice x | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! Let me know how you like the combo xx

      Delete
  3. Ooooo this sounds like a goodie! I used to be obsessed with gel liners but i could never do winged liner with them!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it takes alot of patience, which I don't always have xx

      Delete
  4. Your liner looks amazing, I'll definitely try out this duo if mine will look like that!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this eyeliner, and don’t actually wear it enough - need to dig it out. Your eyeliner looks amazing - fab review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyeliner definitely does look perfect, mine never looks like that :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine doesn't always go right, but practice makes perfect xx

      Delete
  7. I really like that gel pot, I didn't when I first got it but absolutely in love with it now. I use the Zoeva Fine liner brush to apply though, I feel that the bend in the brush really helps me apply it properly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been the same with eye liner. Even though technically I should have been applying it since about the age of 10 (because I was supposed to wear it for my dance shows) I've always been rubbish at it. I previously found either black eye shadow or gel liner and a small angled brush the easiest way to do it but I now also use Soap & Glory's Supercat liner as that is also very easy to use x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the Supercat liner, everyone always raves about it! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...