18.2.15

Book Review | Girl Online

Zoella Zoe Sugg Girl Online Book Review
Zoella Zoe Sugg Girl Online Book Review
Zoella Zoe Sugg Girl Online Book Review
Girl Online // Zoe Sugg // Link

As soon as I heard Zoe Sugg - more famously known as Zoella was writing her own book I was pretty intrigued. If I'm honest though, I didn't expect much because she's a blogger, not an author. Shortly after the release of 'Girl Online' it was revealed that the book was in fact ghost written by Siobhan Curham. Personally, this doesn't make me think of the book any differently.

Under the alias Girl Online, Penny blogs her hidden feelings about friendship, boys, high school drama, her crazy family, and the panic attacks that have begun to take over her life. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets Noah, a gorgeous, guitar-strumming American. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog. But Noah has a secret, too, one that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.

At first I really struggled to enjoy this book. I felt like it was definitely aimed at a younger audience and I found some of the plot to be incredibly cringe worthy, but once Penny was in New York and had met Noah, I became hooked. As well as it being a really cute, fluffy story it also touches on various more serious subjects such as: sexuality, anxiety, cyber bullying, and bereavement. Although it wasn't 100% written by Zoe, like we all first thought, you can definitely see her personality throughout the book! I think what I loved the most is that a good part of the book is set in Brighton and they often mentioned places that I've been to, such as JB's Diner which made it so much more relatable. 

Overall, I surprisingly really enjoyed this book and will definitely be purchasing book two. If you enjoy books such as the ones written by Sophie Kinsella, I think you would really enjoy this too!


Have you read Girl Online?

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, it was very informative. I think personally it would be a bit young for me but would make a great gift for someone!! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...