16.1.15

NYX Sweet Temptations Butter Gloss Set

NYX Sweet Temptations Butter Gloss Set | £11.00 | Link

NYX are a brand that I've heard non-stop rave reviews about, but I always thought that their products were pretty hard to get hold of here in the UK. It must be a lot easier than I though, because I ended up receiving two of their products for Christmas. One of them being the Sweet Temptations Butter Gloss Set! Inside contains three of the butter glosses in the shades Apple Strudel - a peachy coral, Eclair - a cool toned pink and Cherry Pie - a bright red.

"Buttery soft and silky smooth, our scrumptious new Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie—and makes your lips look downright luscious. Swipe it on alone or over your favorite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky."

As I've probably mentioned in the past, I rarely ever wear lip glosses. I just hate that super gloopy/sticky feeling on my lips. But as these were a gift I thought I'd give them a whirl and to my surprise I actually think they are pretty amazing! Firstly, they smell incredible, really vanillary! Each tube contains 8ml of product and individually they retail for £5 each. The applicator is a typical doe-foot, which I really like because I find that they apply the product a lot more evenly. These literally glide onto the lips and feel so lovely and silky smooth. And I can confirm they are definitely not sticky in the slightest! The only small niggle I have is that they are not at all long lasting. I find they only last around 40 minutes on my lips, maybe an hour when wearing with a lipstick. 

Overall, I love these! They are one of the very few lip glosses that I actually like and I definitely think they live up to they hype! Would I pay £5 for one? Probably not, but as they're cheaper in the US I may pick up a couple whilst I'm there later in the year!


Have you tried these? What did you think?

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

6 comments:

  1. Pretty shades - I really need to try some NYX products x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try out NYX but have never got around to it, they look lovely though, your blog is lovely aswel

    I would love for you to come check mine out www.chelseaabbott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a nyx stand in my local next now so I'll have to check these out, heard a lot of good things about them :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of these shades, and the formula of these glosses is so nice!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried these since I'm also not a big fan of lipgloss but they sound to be something better! A shame that they don't last longer than a hour :/ eclair is my favorite shade from them all :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set looks gorgeous, I love the look of Apple Strudel :) I'm the same with lipstick I just don't like to wear them so might give some of mine a go again :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...