21.12.14

Blogmas: Day Twenty One | The Festive Red Lip

Hello Lovelies! As the festive season is upon us, I find myself opting for the red lip option more and more and I usually always go for a red lip on Christmas day too, so today I thought I'd show you my top picks! 


First up is 'Red 2000' from Avon. I know everyone has a love/hate relationship with Avon, I do too, but this lipstick is really lovely and was actually one of the first red shades I ever purchased back in a day! It has the most creamy formula and amazing intense pigmentation and for a cheaper lipstick, it's still long lasting! I also think this is one of my favourite shades of red I own. Most of the red lip options I go for are usually pretty dark, but this isn't and I find it really brightens up the face!

I did want to keep all the products in this post as affordable as possible, but I couldn't not include these two beauties from MAC! At £15.50 each, they are definitely more of a treat, but they are so worth it. Russian Red and Ruby Woo are probably my all time favourite lipsticks ever. They're both matte, highly pigmented and incredibly long lasting! Every time I wear Ruby Woo, I'm always asked "What lipstick are you wearing?"

 Next up are two drugstore lipsticks that I've realised are incredibly similar.. Oops! These two are perfect if a deep, vampy red is more your thing! 


And Lastly, I thought I'd add two more glossier finishes.The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick is definitely one of my favourite lipsticks I've tried this year! It applies glossy, but dries to a matte finish and they have such a great shade range too! I don't often opt for a super glossy finish when wearing a red lip, but if I do, I love this red lip gloss from Barry M! It's amazingly pigmented and it smells gorgeous! 

(L-R) Avon Red 2000, MAC Russian Red, MAC Ruby Woo, Rimmel London Kate Moss 107, Barry M 162.
(Top Shades) Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper and Barry M Lipgloss in 201. 

I hope you enjoyed this! What are your favourite red lipsticks?

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I really enjoyed this post as I've been looking for the perfect festive red lip! The 107 one is my favourite lipstick, but I'm dying to get my hands on MAC's Ruby Woo - we'll see if Santa has been listening to me! Haha

    Tania x
    thearistochats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC Russian Red is my favourite. I really want to try Ruby Woo but worry it will be too drying on my lips xx

    kizzyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...