18.12.14

Blogmas: Day Eighteen | Favourite Christmas Movies

Blogmas Favourite Christmas Movies

 Hello Lovelies! I hope you're all well. I cannot believe it's only one week until Christmas, can you? Today I thought I'd share my favourite festive movies with you all! I really want to make the "What I've Been Watching" posts a regular thing on my blog, but as all I have really been watching this month is festive movies. I thought I'd give you a run down of my favourite movies! 


How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
Starring: Jim Carrey, Taylor Momsen, Christine Baranski. 
This is probably my all time favourite Christmas movie! I think most people reading this will have definitely already seen this, but if you haven't.. It's about a green creature that completely loathes Christmas and is determined to ruin it for everyone. In the end though, he finally realises the true meaning of Christmas! This such a lovely family film, that I have watched every Christmas for years!

Favourite Quote:
 "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas… means a little bit more."

Elf (2003)
Starring: Will Ferrell, Zooey Deschanel, James Caan.
Next is another extremely popular one that I'm sure you all would of seen! The story follows Buddy, who has been raised as an elf, but finds out he's actually human and that his biological father is on the naughty list. He decides to go on a adventure to NYC to find him. He faces lots of different problems along the way. This is a lovely story and also really funny! 

Favourite Quote:
 "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

The Holiday (2006) 
Starring: Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Jack Black.
This is one of my favourite movies ever, but I usually save it for the festive season! It's about two woman that are both going through a really rubbish time, so they swap houses for Christmas and end up meeting people they never would have! It's such a lovely, heart-warming story. This one will make you laugh and cry!

Favourite Quote:
"I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade."

Love Actually (2003)
Starring: Emma Thompson, Keira Knightley, Alan Rickman.
I'm yet to meet someone who doesn't love this movie! I absolutely adore it and I probably would go as far to say, that it's my favourite Rom-Com I've ever watched! This follows different people and their relationships around the festive period. Such a lovely film, that again, will make you and laugh and cry! 

Favourite Quote:
Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

Home Alone (1990-1992)
Starring: Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern.
I love the first two Home Alones so much, I'm not too keen on the others. Again, I'm sure you've seen this, but if you haven't.. It's about a little boy called Kevin that gets left behind at home when his whole family go on holiday and it's down to him to defend the house from some burglars.. 

Favourite Quote:
"Merry Christmas ya filthy animal!"

Deck The Halls (2006)
Starring: Matthew Broderick, Danny DeVito, Kristin Chenoweth.
I watched this for the first time last year and I really loved it, so I make sure I watch it every year now! It's about two neighbours who are constantly trying to out do each other and they really loose sight of what Christmas is really about. 

The Santa Clause (1994)
Starring: Tim Allen, Eric Lloyd, David Krumholtz.
After Scott (Tim Allen) unintentionally kills Santa on Christmas Eve, he automatically has to take his place! Such a lovely family movie, I have such good memories of watching this as a child.

Favourite Quote
"Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist." 

Naughty or Nice (2012) 
Starring: Hilarie Burton, Danneel Ackles, Matt Dallas.
This is currently constantly being played on Sky Christmas, so I thought I'd give it a whirl and became obsessed! Since then I've watched it a good few times and I would definitely say it's one of my favourite Christmas movies. The story follows Krissy Kringle (Peyton Sawyer from One Tree Hill) who loathes Christmas. Every year she receives hundreds of letters from children that are intended for Santa and this year she's sent Santa's 'Naughty and Nice' book, which she ends up using for her own advantage. 

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Starring: Danny Elfman, Chris Sarandon, Catherine O'Hara.
It's a constant argument. Is it a Halloween or Christmas movie? Personally, I'd always watch it around Christmas time when I was a child, but my boyfriend always wants to watch it at Halloween, so now we watch it around both times haha! Jack Skellington is the king of Halloween Town, but finds himself feeling bored of the repetitive Halloween celebrations. He then stumbles upon all the different holiday doors and enters Christmas Town. He's so mesmerised by it all that he decides to take charge of Christmas and kidnaps Santa!

 The Greatest Store in the World (1999)
Starring: Dervla Kirwan, Elizabeth Earl, Holly Earl, Peter Capaldi.
This movie isn't too well known, but I love it! It's about a family that become homeless just before Christmas, so they secretly move into the huge department store Scottley's. This was actually filmed in Harrods in London and I always thought it would be a dream to live in Harrods haha! If you do want to watch this it is available to watch on Youtube - click here!

Thank you for reading! Which movies do you love watching at Christmas time?

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

5 comments:

  1. Love Actually is my all time favourite closely followed by The Holiday. I'm actually not keen on Elf or The Grinch!

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/christmas-coffees.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Alone is such a classic! I remember to watch it since I was a little kid! The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite one! I love Halloween more than anything and Christmas is my second love so it is a perfect movie!! :) I'm curious to watch some of the ones you mentioned! Going to give them a try :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the first four, I adore Love Actually! Such a heart warming film :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES girl! fabulous post, love all these movies, Merry Christmas 2 you! xo http://makeupwithkimmy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...