2.11.14

Pumpkin Cupcakes


Hello Lovelies! I hope you had an amazing weekend! Today I have my first ever baking post for you! I love baking, but it's just not something I do enough.. I think most of the time I only feel inspired to bake when it's a holiday - mainly Halloween and Christmas! A couple of weeks ago I watched Anna Saccone's Pumpkin Spice Cupcake video and I really wanted to attempt to make them. In the end I didn't follow her recipe, I followed the Pumpkin Cupcake recipe from the Primrose Bakey Cupcakes book, but I'm sure it's pretty similar! 



110g unsalted butter (at room temperature) 
240g soft light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g pureed pumpkin *
125g self-raising flour (sifted)
120g plain flour (sifted)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
120ml milk mixed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice (buttermilk)
(makes 12 cupcakes)

* If you're from the US this is obviously, really easy to hold of. If you're from the UK, they sell it in Tesco, Amazon or eBay!


Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe

 Firstly, preheat the oven. (160c (fan) / 180C/350C/ gas mark 4.)

♡ Next cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, until the mixture is pale and smooth. 

♡ Add the eggs and the vanilla extract, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Now it's time to add the pumpkin. Make sure to beat well, so the mixture is well combined. 

In a separate bowl, combine the flours with the cinnamon and ginger. Add one third of the flours to the cream mixture and beat until it's well combined. Now add half of the buttermilk and beat again. Repeat all these steps until all the flour and milk have been added.

Spoon in the mixture in the cupcake cases, fill them about two-thirds full. 

Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.

Now you could either just leave the cakes like this or add some icing. I opted for the icing!

All you need to make the icing is: 

175g cream cheese
450g icing sugar (sifted)
125g unsalted butter (at room temperature) 
1/4 ground cinnamon 

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well until icing is smooth and pale.

Again, you could just leave it here, but I also added some caramilised pecans on the top too! All you need for this is pecans and sugar! On a low heat and using a non-stick pan, cut up the pecans and add around 2 tablespoons of sugar and let it simmer away. Keep stirring until caramilised. Once they're done, spread them out on some baking paper and leave to cool. Once they are cool, sprinkle of top of the cakes and you're done!


Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

15 comments:

  1. I can't bake to save my life but these look delicious so I'm going to have to give it a go :) xxx

    http://chloeharriets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not amazing either, but these are so easy! xxx

      Delete
  2. Mmm these look so nice! I want some:)
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried baking with pumpkin before, I will definitely have to try out this recipe!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't before these! They're lovely and a nice change though :) xx

      Delete
  4. They look so delicious!! Definitely have to try this recipe! :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look amazing, i need to give this a go :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely recipe, thanks for sharing! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look so amazing! im so hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...