10.11.14

Chocolate Orange Cupcakes



Hello Lovelies! A few of you seemed to enjoy my last baking post where I shared my Pumpkin Cupcake recipe, so today I thought I'd show you another recipe I've been loving recently - Chocolate Orange Cupcakes! I found this recipe online, but I couldn't get hold of some of the ingredients listed, so I had to change it up a little!

175g Butter
175g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
200g Self-Raising Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Zest of one Orange
4 Tablespoons of Milk
3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
1 drop of Orange Extract

♡ Preheat your oven to 180 / Gas mark 4.
♡ Beat together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. 
♡ Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
♡ Now it's time to add all the dry ingredients, make sure to sieve each ingredient into the bowl.
♡ Add the milk, orange zest, orange extract and mix well.
♡ Spoon the mixture into the cake cases, it should make 12 large cupcakes or 16 smaller ones.
♡ Put in the oven, on the middle shelf for 25 minutes or until golden.


For the icing: 
400g Icing Sugar
128g Unsalted Butter
1 Drop of Orange Extract
Orange Food Colouring 
2 tbsp of Milk 

♡ In a mixing bowl, add the butter and icing sugar. Beat until smooth. 
♡ Now add the orange extract, food colouring and milk.
♡ Pipe onto cupcakes!


Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these look incredible! x x x

    kassiella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg these look sooo yummy xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... that looks so good I've always loved orange and chocolate. To put them both in a cupcake? Oh. My. God. I just cannot resist!!

    Connie | theconbonz

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look incredible! Please bring me a batch? :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so delicious! You are really good at making them look pretty, minde always look like weird shaped mushrooms haha :)

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cupcakes! :') I am thinking about trying to make these!

    babysoulz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look incredible! I absolutely love chocolate orange and cake! They look so professional!

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...