12.10.14

Yankee Candle Haul

Hello Lovelies! Recently I made a pretty big Yankee Candle order, so I thought I'd show you all what I picked up!

Yankee Candle Ghostly Treats, Witches Brew and Candy Corn Wax Tarts
Firstly, I thought I'd restock and get some more Wax Tart Melts. I find these great if you want to try out alot of different scents, but don't want to splurge on a jar. The Halloween scents are out at the moment, so I picked up Ghostly Treats - which smells of toasted marshmallows, Witches Brew - this one smells just like licorice and to be honest, I'm not as keen on this one! And Candy Corn - I bought this last year in the tart form and really loved it, apparently it smells just like  Candy Corn, but as I've never tried them, I wouldn't know... But to me it smells really lovely and vanillary!

Yankee Candle Icicles and Candy Cane Lane Wax Tarts
Next, I picked up some Christmas scents... Yes, I know it's only October, but I always like to get them early as I find alot of them sell out and are pretty hard to get hold of nearer the time. I got two of the new Christmas scents Icicles - this is a pretty light, fresh scent which really reminds me of pine trees. And Candy Cane Lane - this has a minty scent, but it's not over powering at all, it's more on the sweet side.

Yankee Candle Merry Marshmallow and Christmas Eve Wax Tarts
I also picked up Merry Marshmallow - this has a sweet vanillary/marshmallow scent, but it's not too sweet, personally I wouldn't mind it being a little more sweet haha! And Christmas Eve - I love this and I am super cliché and always burn it on Christmas Eve! This has a really lovely sweet berry scent, like sugared plums, I was kind of tempted to get this in a jar, but I just got it in tart form in the end!

Yankee Candle Snow In Love, Christmas Cookie, Christmas Memories and Sparkling Snow Wax Tarts
And lastly for the festive scents I picked up Snow In Love - which has a really soft and creamy scent. Christmas Cookie - this is one of my favourite scents ever! It's a very sweet, sugary scent that smells just like freshly baked cookies! If you're a fan of vanilla based scents, you will love this one! I also picked up Christmas Memories - I'm not too sure about this one, but I think it might be one of those that smell better once it's burning. The smell reminds me of Christmas baking, it's kind of spicy, but also sweet! And lastly I got Sparkling Snow - this has a fresh, pine scent, but it does have a slight hint of sweetness in there too!

Yankee Candle Salted Caramel, Red Velvet and Vanilla Cupcake Wax Tarts
And lastly for the wax tarts I picked up Salted Caramel - I've recently been hearing SO much about this candle, so I had to get it. This is a very sweet scent. Now, I am a huge fan of sweet scents, but this is almost too sweet and very sickly! I do really love it though and I find this is the perfect candle for a cosy autumn evening! Next, I got Red Velvet - this is another gorgeous sweet scent, to me it smells just like warm brown sugar! and I also picked up Vanilla Cupcake - again, another sweet scent.. Are you noticing a pattern? I love this one and it's one I've wanted in a big jar for ages, but I always seem to keep repurchasing the tart version instead! This smells just like cupcakes, so good!

Next Tart/Oil Burner
Next Tart/Oil Burner
This isn't new, but I thought I'd show you my tart burner. Pretty much every time I upload a picture of it on Instagram I get questions asking where it's from. It's from Next, I got it last year and it was around the £10 mark I think! I've had a quick look and I can't find it on eBay, but definitely have a look in Next for tart/oil burners, I think they always have really nice ones!

Yankee Candle Fresh Cut Roses and Apple & Pine Needle Samplers
I didn't actually buy these two, but I thought I'd add them into the haul anyway! Fresh Cut Roses I actually won in a giveaway recently and as the name suggests, it smells like rose. If you know me, you'll know rose is one scent I cannot stand, but I think I'll let it burn in the living room as my mum loves it! Apple & Pine Needle I got for free with my order because I spent over £25. I know alot of people aren't keen on the scent of pine, but I actually really love it, it really reminds me of Christmas! This one isn't too strong either as it's mixed with apple.


Yankee Candle Halloween Ghostly Treats Jar
Yankee Candle Halloween Ghostly Treats Jar
After purchasing the Ghostly Treats tart, I fell completely in love with it and just had to get the jar too! It's literally my perfect scent. It's sweet, smells just like toasted marshmallows with a hint of vanilla, but it's not overpowering or sickly. I'm saving this until it's a little more closer to Halloween, but I cannot wait to burn this! I also am so in love with jar, so cute!


Yankee Candle Snowflake Cookie Large Jar
Every year I always buy one big jar of a festive scent, I don't buy too many jars just because I know I won't get through them all, so this year I decided to go for Snowflake Cookie! I believe this was new for last year? To me this smells just like gingerbread with a hint of vanilla frosting, so yummy and great for Christmas time!

Yankee Candle Sicilian Lemon Large Jar
I featured this candle in a recent wishlist and I'm so happy I finally have it! This smells really citrusy and lovely. It's not overpowering at all though, I find some citrus scents can be a little too much and smell like cleaning products, but I think this one is alot more sweeter. I love this one so much and I think it's one of my favourite candles, but I do wish it was a little stronger when burning!


And lastly, this isn't a Yankee Candle, but I thought I'd show you it anyway! This is from John Lewis and I just had to buy it! I'm saving this until nearer Halloween, but apparently it burns down the middle, so you can use it as a tea light holder after, so cool! This comes in two sizes, but I got the bigger one! 


Thank you for reading! Do you like candles? 
Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

16 comments:

  1. Ghostly Treats sounds amazing! I'm yet to try and of the Halloween Yankees!

    You have the cutest blog by the way. xx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Aw thank you so much <3 I love your blog, just followed! xx

      Delete
  2. Great post, i love yankee candles. I love "Cinnamon Stick" It smells lovely and reminds me of christmas x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ghostly treats jar just looks so bloody gorgeous, I just might pop up in the store and give it a little sniff, as I do live right next to a Yankee Candle store (very dangerous).

    Narcis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO jealous! My local Yankee Candle store is an hour away :( xx

      Delete
  4. I went into my local Yankee Candle shop but they didn't have any Christmas ones :-( So so gutted but I suppose I could place an online order....
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the Yankee candle tarts. I love the small votives and worry that the tarts would not smell as much and would be used up in a couple of days.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I find the tarts last ages, so much longer than the votives! xx

      Delete
  6. ooh you got some awesome scents! love salted caramel

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win raybans worth £129! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to pick myself up some Christmas candles. I'm hoping to find some warm and cosy scents if that makes any sense. Yankee Candles are always a go too family favourite! All of the ones that you've picked up look so lovely, I may have to pop into a store that sells them and have a smell myself and maybe even pick one up!

    Shannon
    www.katepetali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the sweeter scents are really cosy! xx

      Delete
  8. I love yankee candles, especially the sweet halloween and Christmas scents x

    http://xxchloescloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Ghostly Treats! It smells just like Fireside Treats but it's a little stronger and sweeter. I want to buy the medium jar for the jars design alone!

    I love the Christmas candles Yankee have brought out this year. Candy Cane Lane is a beautiful minty scent, it reminds me of having mint hot chocolates.

    Red Velvet is one of my all time favourites, I'm just sad that it's retired now. :(

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...