10.9.14

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Rose Ivory Review Blog
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Rose Ivory Review Blog

For years I've been on a mission to find the perfect foundation and I think I have finally found it! Every single #bbloggers chat on Twitter I always seem to mention how amazing this foundation is and I cannot believe I still haven't reviewed it, so I thought I'd do that today! 

As I've mentioned before, I have noticeable sun damage on my face.. It basically just looks like a patch of pigmentation on my face which a lot of people mistake for a birth mark, this makes me incredibly self conscious and I hate leaving the house without makeup! It also makes finding a foundation I actually like pretty hard, because I need a very high coverage that doesn't go cakey. Before this foundation I had never actually found a foundation I felt comfortable with, I always worried about how my makeup would look that day and if the pigmentation would be covered enough! I saw so many reviews about this from various bloggers and they always said that it has amazing coverage and a lovely luminous finish which really drew me to it as most high coverage foundations are usually super matte!

"An innovative full coverage foundation that makes the skin look luminous and rich. By combining a special collection of silk proteins, tea extracts and treated mica, Laura has created a luxurious formula that leaves skin hydrated and protected with a radiant, timeless glow."

As I don't have a Laura Mercier counter near me, I was unable to get colour matched so I completely relied on bloggers swatches and in the end I went for the shade 'Rose Ivory' this is probably a shade too dark for me to be honest, but it works well enough. In terms of packaging it's very simplistic, but I do really like it and it's really easy to travel with. I love that it's in a squeezy tube because I find it lasts a lot longer as you can literally use all of it. I don't really know how I'd describe the smell, but I think it's a lot nicer than most foundations I've tried, although after around 3-4 tubes I'm growing tired of it! It's a very thick consistency, almost sort of paste like, but it feels really soft and light on the skin! It's very pigmented, so a little definitely goes a long way and it's best to start with the smallest pea size amount, and build it up to create a medium to full coverage and I find the best way to apply it is with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, it's the perfect combo! So many bloggers describe this foundation as a matte finish, which I don't really agree with because the finish just looks so lovely and luminous and even on the worst days, your skin can still look really radiant and amazing!

The thing I love the most about this foundation is how long lasting it is and that is doesn't oxidise throughout the day either, which is a factor I always find with lower end foundations! Overall, I would highly recommend this foundation, don't let the price tag put you off, it's definitely worth it!


Have you tried this, what did you think of it?

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

4 comments:

  1. I've been really wanting to try this but heard it's not good for oily skin. What kind of skin do you have? x

    Kirsty
    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have normal skin, but can sometimes feel oily and it sits fine on my skin. When I was reading reviews on this before buying, I heard a lot of times it was fine for oily skin :) xx

      Delete
  2. Do you think this would cling to dry skin? I really need a new foundation as my Benefit Oxygen Wow makes my skin look awful if I have even a little bit of dry skin, really want to try this one out though love the idea of a foundation being in a squeezy tube! x

    www.daintydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm awful with moisturiser and always forget to apply it, so I always end up getting dry patches and I love that this doesn't cling to dry patches, it makes me skin look normal haha :) Definitely give it a go, it's so lovely! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...