27.8.14

Book Review | We Were Liars

We Were Liars
We Were Liars
We Were Liars / E. Lockhart | Link

Reading has always been something I've really enjoyed ever since I was a little girl. My Mum always used to call me a book worm because I loved nothing more than curling up with a good book. I still do, but I don't seem to read as much as I used to and I also find that I read a lot more in the Autumn/Winter time! I've wanted to start doing book reviews on my blog for a while and I've recently downloaded the Kindle app on my phone and bought a few books, so I thought I'd start with them! The first one is called 'We Were Liars' I saw a couple of people on Instagram say how much they enjoyed the book and as it was only 99p there wasn't much to loose!


"A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth
."

Cadence Sinclair Easton is nearly eighteen and is from the rather wealthy Sinclair family. Every year Cady and her family spend their summer on the private Cape Cod island, Beechwood which her grandparents own. Whilst she's there she spends every moment with her two cousins Mirren, Johnny and his friend, Gat. They don't stay in touch the rest of the year, but they're inseparable whilst on the island and are known by the adults as 'The Liars' 

After the summer when she was fifteen, everything changed. Cady started becoming really unwell, suffering from severe migraines and slight amnesia. She knows something terrible happened that summer, but doesn't know what and no one will tell her exactly what happened. The following summer Cady went travelling in Europe with her father and whenever she tried to contact the liars, she wouldn't get a response. She goes back to the island Summer 17 and rekindles her friendships with the liars and starts falling more and more in love with Gat. One thing is for sure though, she is determined to discover what did happen during summer fifteen which changed everything. 

This is one of those books that has so much mystery about it and you don't want to put it down, because you just need to know what happened! The ending is pretty shocking and I never saw it coming. 



I hope you enjoyed reading my first book review! If you've read this book, let me know what you thought.. Did you expect the ending?

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

5 comments:

  1. This book's been on my to-read list for quite a while so I may have to download it, the kindle app for iPad/iPhone is so useful - I love it!

    Tanya xo
    http://simplysteadman.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read quite a lot this summer but THIS book is the one I will remember above any of the others. It was so fantastically written. It was so mystical and poetic. Fab fab! Can't wait to read more from E. Lockhart.

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book on my Kindle and still need to read it, I will read it soon as it sounds amazing x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to get this book to read :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...