4.6.14

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in Pink in Confidence

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in 08 Pink in Confidence
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in 08 Pink in Confidence
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in 08 Pink in Confidence
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in 08 Pink in Confidence
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in 08 Pink in Confidence
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in 08 Pink in Confidence

If you're a regular reader of Bellechaton, you'll definitely be aware of my obsession with buying lipsticks! YSL are a brand I've wanted to try for the longest time, mainly for their beautiful packaging, but obviously the prices are pretty hefty which has always put me off. Whilst I was in the Airport before jetting off to Mexico, I saw the YSL counter and as I had some money to spend I thought I'd finally bite the bullet and purchase a couple of things! The shade I was looking to purchase was 'Peach Passion' as I'd seen SO many bloggers say how lovely the lipstick is and I thought it would be perfect for summer, but the lady at the counter was pretty adamant I purchase the shade 'Pink in Confidence' instead so I just gave in. I am slightly regretting it now because this shade is a really simple 'my lips, but better' shade and I'm the sort of person who often likes to rock a bright lip!

The packaging is absolutely beautiful. It comes in a gold box (which got lost on the way home from Mexico. If like me, you like to keep the packaging you'll know how sad I am about it haha) The lipstick itself comes in a gold tube with the YSL logo engraved and it also has a strip of colour to match the shade in the tube. I'm so in love with the packaging, it looks so luxurious and It looks so nice on my dressing table!

The formula is really creamy and pigmented and leaves the lips feeling super moisturised which I really love. The only downside to a glossy finish is it means it won't be as long lasting, I find this lasts around 2-3 hours which isn't too bad. I'm really sensitive to scents which is actually really annoying and I haaaaaate the smell of these lipsticks! I've seen a few bloggers say the smell is fruity, but I don't know I really don't like it!

Overall, I do like YSL lipsticks. Do I think they're worth £25? NO. I'm still completely obsessed with MAC lipsticks and think they're amazing for the price! Although you can't beat the gorgeous YSL packaging! I do think I'd purchase another one if I had some money to spend at airport though!



Have you tried any lipsticks from YSL? What did you think of them?

P.S - Sadly, my lovely Grandad passed away last week. As you can imagine I'm very upset and at first I didn't think I would blog at all, but I feel it's actually a great escape sometimes. I probably won't get to post two posts a week though. I hope you all understand and thank you to everyone who sent me lovely messages regarding my Grandad you're all very lovely!


Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

1 comment:

  1. This lipstick looks lovely on you! I've never tried YSL lipsticks before, but I really need to some time. I don't like most of the YSL packaging but I've always loved their lipstick packaging!

    And I'm sorry to hear about your granddad. I hope you and your family are alright!

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...