6.5.14

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms


The first lip product I tried from Revlon were the Lip Butters and I was really amazed at how hydrating and pigmented they were! Since then, I would say Revlon is the High Street brand I always go for when it comes to lip products.

Last year they released the 'Kissable Balm Stains' and all the bloggers were raving about them, so I ended up falling for the hype and purchased three in the shades Lovesick, Crush and Rendezvous and I fell in love with Revlon a little bit more! When I heard they were releasing two more different types of balms, I was pretty intrigued. The two new types being - Lacquer and MatteThe Lacquer Balms appear really glossy on the lips with a little added shimmer and the Matte Balms are quite simply a velvet matte finish. I opted for the Matte Balms simply because I prefer a matte finish on my lips, but as the months start to get a little warmer I do start liking glossy lips a bit more! 

I picked up two shades, one being Elusive which is a light cool toned pink and the other is Unapologetic which is a super bright pinky red! You can probably tell from the images that the one that I've been reaching for daily is Elusive which is the perfect shade for a lovely everyday look!

The packaging is pretty similar to the Kissable Balm Stains and comes in plastic crayon like tube, that twists the product up which I really like as you don't have to keep sharpening it! The only slight difference with the Matte Balms is they have a more matte plastic. Another similarity to the Balm Stains is the same minty smell which creates a slight tingle to the lips when first applied, I'm not sure if I actually like the scent, but luckily it's not overpowering!

Revlon describe these as having a velvet matte finish with a balm like moisture, which I agree with! Usually matte lipsticks are really drying, but these feel so lovely and moisturising on the lips and they have amazing pigmentation! They probably last around 3-4 hours before fading and I've found that these don't really seem to leave a stain to the lips!

Overall, I really love these and I think I definitely prefer these to the Balm Stains and I really want to try a few more shades!


Have you tried the Matte or Lacquer Balms? What are your thoughts? 
Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...