11.5.14

Cancún, Mx

Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun
Riu Palace Peninsula Cancun


Hello you lovely lot! Most of you are probably really bored of me talking about my holiday, but for those of you who are interested I thought I'd write up a couple of posts on what I did and a general review! I did originally plan on doing a travel diary, but as It was such a relaxing holiday, I thought it would be pretty boring to read! 

Before booking I spent most of my time reading SO MANY REVIEWS for various different hotels and last July we finally booked a 'Sea View Junior Suite' via Thomson at the Riu Palace Peninsula which is 45 minutes away from Cancun Airport. It was an All Inclusive package, which included all meals, snacks, drinks, entertainment, water sports ect.

We flew out from London Gatwick on 21st April on a Thomson Dreamliner and we had already pre-selected our seats which cost around £30 each which I really recommend doing as I would of hated to be sat alone for all those hours! Originally the flight was expected to take around 11 hours, but luckily only took around 9 hours in the end! When we arrived in Cancun, we then had around another two hour wait to actually get past immigration which wasn't the nicest after the long flight! We then finally got our taxi transfer to our hotel which usually takes around 45 minutes.

Once we finally arrived at the hotel and were checking in, we were bought over a welcome drink which was really lovely and we were then shown to our room which had a dining/living area, king sized bed, shower, whirlpool bath, double sinks, flat screen TV, mini bar and coffee making facilities ect! We were in room 1129 and I think we were both really amazed at how lovely the room was and the view was just beautiful! We also got free wi-fi which worked perfectly and was great for watching Netflix if we didn't feel like going out in the evenings! Location wise I didn't feel like the hotel was the best as we did have to get a bus anytime we wanted to go to the shops, which did feel slightly annoying, but the buses are so regular, they run 24 hours a day and it's only 80p for a return! 

The only negative points of the holiday were my horrible sunburn/heat rash which really hurt when being in the heat, so we didn't do as many excursions as we were hoping to do, I'll probably do a separate post on the things we did because this post is already really long! and whenever we did have a problem the staff at reception never seemed too bothered, we did have £40 stolen from our room which isn't too much of a loss, but again the staff never actually did anything about it, but luckily our Thomson Rep was really lovely and always tried his best!

I was going to end this post with a little tips section, but I don't think there are too many to be honest apart from the fact I really recommend you taking Mexican Pesos instead of USD. Dollars are fine when tipping ect, but when using them in shops they will always give you change in Pesos and the exchange rate is really rubbish and make sure you're aware you have to pay a departure tax which is around £40 each, I saw a few shocked people at the airport! 



Overall, we both really enjoyed this holiday and we're now really sad to be home and back to reality. I would go here again and would recommend the hotel if you're looking to stay in the quieter area of Cancun :) 



 Be sure to keep an eye out for other posts about my time away and a haul! If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment, or send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...