19.2.14

Cleaning My Makeup Brushes




Recently, I've been really getting into buying makeup brushes! I currently don't have that many and I store them all in this cute little pot that is actually a candle holder from Debenhams! I like to clean my makeup brushes at least once a week, I hate the look and feeling on my skin of dirty brushes and the fact they become so unhygienic isn't all that appealing either! 

I'm going to be honest, before I started watching beauty gurus on YouTube, I didn't really know how to wash my makeup brushes properly. I think I watched a video over on SWalkerMakeups channel and I've never looked back!

There are two ways to clean brushes: Spot Cleaning, which consists of using a brush cleanser like the MAC Cleanser which allows you to quickly wash brushes without the need of water and the brushes dry really quickly!

I usually prefer to Deep Clean my brushes, which basically consists of using a foamy cleanser (or in my case baby shampoo) and using water, I usually do this in the evening before bed so they have all night to dry! I take all the brushes that are in need of washing and a towel into the bathroom and lay them all out. Firstly, using lukewarm water I dampen all the brushes and squirt a little bit of shampoo onto the palm of my hand and swirl the brush and rinse. If the brush is really really dirty you may need to repeat!

When all the brushes are clean I leave them on the towel laying down to dry overnight!

Also, I just thought I'd add, brushes sometimes can look a little strange when wet, don't panic they will go back to normal once dry again :)


How do you clean your brushes and what products do you use?

P.S: I'd love it if you would recommend me some MAC brushes in the comments!

Follow me on | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin' Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...